No-Bake Granola Bites
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies) or coconut flakes
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup ground flaxseed (or 1/2 cup each of 2 of these: Pumpkin, sunflower, flax and sesame
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or raisins (or both!)
- 2 T ground chia seeds
- 2 T poppy seeds
- 2/3 cup honey or agave nectar or peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl, mixing gently so the crispy rice cereal doesn’t get crushed. Mix until well-combined.
- Using a cookie scoop (or roll small amounts in your hands), drop rounded tablespoonful-sized portions onto a parchment or wax paper lined cooking sheeet. I used my cookie scoop and then rolled the scooped portion out between my palms.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. At this point you can serve them or combine the chilled granola bites in a large tupperware-type container or ziploc bags to freeze or refrigerate. They will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week or for a few months in the freezer.
Source: New feed